Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sanjukta & Subrat Sen's Comely Indian Home

Much before I started blogging on décor and home spaces, I had told Sanjukta Mashi (Mashi, as in aunt in Bengali, as I refer to her), that her home was too pretty to be kept a secret. When I visited them first in Hyderabad, I remember being fascinated by her sense of style and aesthetics. It was one of those homes that perfectly reflected and embodied the personality of the person who did it up. The pictures shared here are from her home in Mumbai. I love Indian looking homes. Sculptures, paintings, knick-knacks and the 'Teak wood look' always works for me. Also, I think day beds always give living rooms a cosy look, don't you agree? I love the day bed in the first picture.

The second picture is my favourite. It is a simple black singer sewing machine that she picked from chor bazaar and converted it to a beautiful artistic looking table with a glass top. Yes, she is not one of the run of the mill home decorators. She invests time and creativity in little things to personalise her home.  Hope you love seeing Sanjukta and Subrat Sen's home and send them some love for inspiring you!









  


This is the kind of place I call a perfect place for some 'adda'.

See you soon!

11 comments:

Rekha said...

The decor has a kind of vintage charm...I loved the use of sewing machine as table base too...lovely ideas.

GB said...

This is so pretty--thanks for sharing KG! :)

The Ketchup Girl said...

@rekha: that sewing machine is indeed a creative genius' handiwork ! Thanks for your words, am sure it will make her very happy.

@GB: thanks girl, how have you been? :)

Anonymous said...

This one is truly my kind a home!! If she ever wants to get rid of any stuff... please.. can you tell her .. I'll be the first in line...

Such an awesome home... so much warmth.. love... attitude... character.. I can well image the talented.. creative people who live in here.. :-)

Sharon said...

Ooh she has a bhavnagari jhoola! does she ever hang it up when she feels like?

I have one too, and it's one of my prized possessions!

Lovely post KG!

Purnima@a creative project said...

very pretty warm, inviting home!! love the ethnic Indian touches to it!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sound Horn Please said...

Hey KG,

I came here clicking links from Priya's OUATT post. Glad I discovered the blog. Following you now! And I agree, your mashi has a beautiful home. I love the sewing machine as table idea.

PreeOccupied said...

So cosy...i can see made adda sessions happening there during this Durga Puja.

Sudha said...

beautiful home...loved your blog..do stop by my blogs..would love to interact with fellow design enthusiasts :)

Nayana said...

Wow..beautiful,warm, traditional inviting home...very nice blog and following you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful collection of furniture. I like it. You may get more best quality furniture at Boutiqueken.